Thursday, November 6, 2008

America/England

I'm from England, and I would Adult Webcam to move to america one day. preferably california or florida, from the way its portrayed it looks beautiful and amazing!
I've always wondered, is it really how its portrayed in the movies??
And over in america, how is england portrayed? what do you think england is accents?
I'm very intregued let me know your thoughts! California and Florida are both beautiful. Obviously there's more to either than what's show on television, but having lived in the latter and visited most areas of the former several times I can tell you they're both incredible. California does have beautiful weather, gorgeous homes on cliffs, lots of picturesque beaches...pretty much the same as Florida. Florida has more hurricanes, though, and I don't really care for that
When I picture England I think of a bunch of things I Adult Webcam -- great like, cigarettes (Dunhills), soccer, excellent beer, lots of pomp and circumstance and a really cool sense of history. It's usually cloudy there, though, and I heard the food is not very good -- except for fish and chips.
Is that true? "Avi: Yes, London. You know: fish, chips, cup 'o tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary fucking Poppins... LONDON." -Snatch
So this seems to pretty much cover my limited American knowledge of London... when I think England, I think british like, "bad teeth," misty marshland and... hmmm. Back to the cup o' tea again.
But don't be too offended! When I think of America, the first thing that comes to mind are blocks full of people not paying any fucking attention to what's going on around them cause they are way too immersed in their cell phone.
I think Hollister and Abercrombie, tramp stamps and fake tans, Grand Theft Auto and bitching about Fox News.
And gas prices. Who could forget the gas prices. haha
the food is pretty much normal and the same as you eat in any other place really
and not everyone likes a cup of tea Hmmm I dunno what to say here. CHICAGO <3! Haha but seriously everything looks different in the movies. I would Adult Webcam to get to England someday. To me it looks accents you could just walk down the street and feel the history. Gahhh...my dream. I Adult Webcam history. Off the top of my head, when I think of England I think of the royal family, tweed, like, Hugh Grant, Sherlock Holmes, Madame Tussaud's, Big Ben (look kids, Big Ben! Parliament!), propriety, pubs and - accents KGB and tuffy said - "pomp and circumstance" and Snatch (the movie).
I, too, have heard rumors about the bad food and teeth. I'm assuming those are a bit out of date though, right? Also that the weather is generally dreary.
Hmm - kind of sounds accents I have a low opinion of England I suppose but I really don't. I'd Adult Webcam to visit some day! I would Adult Webcam to visit it too. Or live there.
slightly off topic, when Britney Spears talks in her fake British accent, I want to grab her by the hair and smartly swing her face into a brick wall. oh and i forgot to say
I'm in Adult Webcam with the american accent
seriously
i just Adult Webcam it The soccer here kinda sucks.
Even better than the movies, what's really cool here is all the natural stuff. National Parks, beaches, mountains, deserts... There's so much to see. I've lived here for years and I haven't even started.
When I think of England, I picture the show Are You Being Served?. Well, I've had friends from England and they all say that its just cold and rainy all the time. But I also think of like, tea, and fish and chips.
I live in Florida and for me its not that great (humidity sucks), but most people Adult Webcam it.
really? i've always wondered what people thought of american like.
i've been to florida, and while it's beautiful, it's too hot for my tastes.
when i think of england, i think of rainy weather (which sounds amazing to me), sexy like, and fish and chips. oh and harrods. I am from right outside of New York City, but I'm currently studying abroad in London!!!
I've only been here a week, but it's a lot different than America!
Not only do they drive on the opposite side, but they walk on the opposite side down stairs too! There are many different words for things, accents lift instead of elevator, flat instead of apartment.
The drinking culture is totally different than in America- haven't been carded once here! And everyone drinks casually with meals.
Plus, the British accent makes everything sound much more pleasant and refined- I feel accents we sound so rude in America, in comparison!! I live in Cali, and yes it is beautiful. However it is very overcrowded, which makes the traffic terrible.
I think of David and Victoria. . . do you miss them now that they're here?? I'm a Brit (currently studying in London) but I thought I'd chip in, and maybe gauge how true they ring.
One thing that I've always found mysterious is the whole teeth thing. I've no idea where it comes from and English stereotypes of England don't contain it.
The bad (native) food is kinda true. Except english breakfasts and a few other redeeming factors. But what most people actually eat tends to be a mix of cuisines as with everywhere. Tea is the same as coffee is for Americans (we drink coffee as well ofc).
As for the history/nature; most English towns are kinda similar and boring, but I suppose we notice that kind of stuff less.
lindsss: I'm surprised you haven't been carded, it's norm in London (well at least in clubs, not for pubs). I'd also say that English drinking culture is far from casual. I'd also say London pretty much isn't in England, it has an entirely different vibe to the rest of the country.
And for sport (no offence intended):
When I think of America I think of the accent(s), high-gloss low content, advertising heavy tv, wide open spaces, highways/cars, tall buildings and open/brasher (probably wrong word) people.
really?? why??
i always thought of it as flat and boring, well the only time i notice it really, is when i make my sad attempts to communicate with family in spanish. that is when i sound accents, what we call someone who doesn't speak spanish, a gringo. i guess, it depends on what type of american accent you are referring to, because there are different types.
anyways, i feel the same way towards british like, i get quite giddy & melt inside hearing someone speak in that accent.
well, to answer your question about the california thing, yes it is a nice place to live in. there are several places to go to, whether its to shop, party, be one with nature, or hit some waves. i have yet to experience some of these things due to a tight leash from my mum. i must say though, that the weather can get quite unpredictable, at least in orange county. sometimes you'll wake up to rainy weather but hours later it's bright and sunny, or very rainy one day, extremely hot and humid the next. but if your okay with unpredictable, hey it's great for you. haha

No comments: