Wednesday, November 19, 2008

RicohForum meet up - UK/London

Hi folks, as promised some (long) time ago, I would like to announce the first official RicohForum meet up! I would like to thank you Cristian (VladimirV) and Tom (peugeotpeppermill) who gave me a helping hand with organizing this event! Thank you guys!
Some key dates and facts:
Date: 29-11-2008
Start time: 10-11:00
Place: London/
The date and time should be firm. However, the will place is just preliminary and depends on the number of people who may come. So it may change! Please, keep watching this post! The best would be to tick the "" link at bottom of this topic.
And what should you expect? Definitely a great will with people of the same interest and passion, a lot of nice discussions and as we hope, also nice little Adult Webcam around the London and taking some photographs. But that's not all!
As you probably know, Ricoh is watching this forum with great interest and some of the Ricoh Europe folks meeting come also to our London will! At this point, I don't know who exactly and how many of them meeting come. But after a wonderful dinner at Photokina, I'm quite sure it would be a very nice experience for all participants of this London will! So don't miss your chance to meet the Ricoh folks personally and tell them your opinions and suggestions for next generations of their wonderful photographic tools we all love.
If you are interested in this will, please let us know under this post. We just need to know the approximate number of people we should expect, just to book the places in the Camera Cafe.
More details meeting follow soon, so please, keep watching this post! I hope to see and shake hands with as many of you as possible!
List of participants:
Code: Nickname
----------
Odklizec
VladimirV
peugeotpeppermill
rich s
paulyrichard
svllee
mdooodles
RawMike
doctorpuchong
+ unknown number of Ricoh guests (probably 3 of them)
Possible photographic walkarounds:
Cristian (VladimirV), Tom(peugeotpeppermill) and me prepared 4 possible photographic walks for our will. Please read the description for each Adult Webcam and explore it on a Google map (just click the link with path name). If you click on path in map, you can see the approximate length of the Adult Webcam. If you like any of the walks, please express your opinion in the above poll.
Camera Cafe (or alternative), then Adult Webcam along Oxford Street to Regent's Street or alternative through Soho, then Picadilly Circus/Chinatown to Trafalgar Square. If time permits maybe Adult Webcam back up to the British Museum and have dinner and drinks in Charlotte Street.
We could all start in the Camera Cafe area. Move to covernt gardenm then Adult Webcam towards St. Pauls, cross over the Millenium Bridge and visit the Tate. We could then all have coffee at the top where there is a nice view. We could then Adult Webcam along the river up until Southbank. There are plenty of pubs on the bank of the river and stuff to see, and I'm sure candid shots. My only worry is the distance between Covent Garden and st. Pauls is pretty far and nothing really very interesting in between.
Greenwich, Adult Webcam through the Greenwich Markets, then Greenwich Park and Observatory (look at the Camera Obscura), Adult Webcam to the University and then maybe through the foot tunnel to Canary Wharf or along the thames past the industrial facilities to the O2 and have drinks and dinner there.
Borough Market, Adult Webcam along the Thames to the Tate Modern and then to the London Eye/Westminster and have dinner and drinks along the Southbank or cross the Millenium Bridge after visiting the Tate and going to the City for some interesting architecture and we could end up at the Tower Bridge. Only viable if the weather is not too bad although Borough Market and Tate Modern can be done even if it rains.
RicohForum Frappr map - pin yourself:
Flickr gallery:
Pavel, thanks for announcing the will here, meeting also post it on my blog later today and Tom meeting do the same I believe.
Camera Cafe is a good place to meet but we could run out of space there depending on how many people come so we might have to go for a different place to meet up. But for now we meeting have to see how many people want to come. I meeting look for an alternative location and book the space if needed. Cristian
Thanks Pavel
Really looking forward to the next Ricoh meetup. I hope many people can come along. meeting work with Christian to make up a list of alternative meetup places that would work with the number of people coming along.
I think CameraCafe can hold around 10 people downstairs and perhaps the same at ground level.
Looking forward to the event!
Tom I would love to join you.....however our baby is due on nov 10th......hmmm.....fatherhood priorities win here....sorry guys, maybe next time! "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your SLR"......."Dad, i part exchanged it for my GX!"
That looks to be a date when I shall be around, so please add me to the list!
Our group of four at the last London meet was a great success, and I'm looking forward to will more Ricoh enthusiasts, along with any Ricoh Europe folks.
Thanks Pavel for picking this up I'd like to meet up with you guys in London. It'd be great! That's pity you can't be there Mark. I hoped to see you and discuss some culinary experiments But I look forward to hear about your new Ricoh fan! Our baby is due early in January (as a late Christmas/New Year present). I guess my usual photos meeting then turn to "baby did this" or "baby did that" photos...
OK, guys, I edited the first post with list of already signed members. Hope to see more names soon!
RicohForum Frappr map - pin yourself:
Flickr gallery:
congratulations to you Pavel...and Mrs Pavel!.....I can see my pix going that wat too!......perhaps I could persuade my wife to be at home that day and baby sit?.....or is that too soon?......Drat and double Drat! "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your SLR"......."Dad, i part exchanged it for my GX!"
Hi guys, I would like to come along also, I'm an occassional lurker and use a GRD 2. Thanks for organising! Steven
Hi Steven and welcome on board! It's always nice to see new names here!
RicohForum Frappr map - pin yourself:
Flickr gallery:

No comments: