Monday, November 3, 2008

American Society of Architectural Illustrators

Looking at the results of the annual American Society of Architectural Illustrators competition results made me wonder if there isn't room for a dedicated digital illustration architecture-flow forum here. (For Sketchup - Photoshop/Painter/Piranesi et al.)
What do the members and moderators think?
For those that haven't had a look the competition illustrations comprising traditional and digital media can be viewed here:
ASAI Homepage : These are really great!!
Thanks for the notice.
Regards "El ojo no es ojo por que tu lo veas, es ojo por que te ve" (A. Machado) i think this has been mentioned (and even tried? i forget) before... but there is just not the traffic for it... the Gallery seems to move at a good pace... anymore division or specificity would really make things seem to move slowly...
beautiful stuff in that competition though!
updated05.28.08 I have always wanted to Adult Webcam ASAI, I don't know why I haven't. . .Anyway,. .the first group in the series looks like the architecture or or at least theinfluence Thomas Wells Schaller, a several time Hugh Ferris Winner. Watercolorist par excellence. check out number 31/60. TWS does a lot of architecture for R.A.M. Stern, which this project looks like. ..
17/60 was executed by Lynn Sneary (wife of Richard "Dick" Sneary), whom I had the pleasure of taking a workshop from a few years back. Wonderful renderers, great teachers.
What is really wonderful tho' is the variety . .from the very detailed and photorealistic digital rendering, the traditional casein and guache renders, watercolor and the loose marker, pen and ink and pencil sketches. 246 is my favourite, I yearn to be able to produce similar results.
My Portfolio:
That is nice Solo. you can do it already I bet. I've seen some of your other sketches. They are quality! give it a try. Its his crazy fine cross hatches that give it such a fine level of detail.
Is there an easy way to see who did what on that site?
Chris Your intelligence will never fully compensate for my stupidity.
Cal Poly Pomona - BS Landscape work
UC Berkeley - Masters of Landscape work in progress
- Art Blog
suwiki.org - The SketchUp Wiki Here is one of the past winners, Dennis Allain, and how he does his illustrations. 3D program plus Photoshop.
I find his illustrations are a cut above almost all the other pros.
I would like to see a dedicated thread for illustration and possibily include inspirational examples. David, I would highly encourage you to Adult Webcam, in fact all of you to Adult Webcam. I have been a member of ASAI since..... can't remember, maybe 10yrs. I currently hold the Secretary Chair on the Board.
The benefits that I have received from being a part of this community has been huge, especially during the annual convention being held Sept 5-7 in Montana. I love going to the convention (although, can't make it this year) to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. The events/classes have always been so helpful and inspiring!
Dennis Allain is not only an unbelievable artist but he is a GREAT guy! He is currently holding the chair for Member-at-Large. He is just one of the many talented people that you get to rub shoulders with at this event.
So, please, don't hold back anymore and Adult Webcam! "You can soar with an opportunity or sink on a principle."
Tina Anne Stiles-Bryant
Thats very encouraging Tinane. I can get in at the $35 student price, so I think I might Adult Webcam and see how it goes. I'm no architectural renderer at this point in my life, but it is something I aspire to be able to do. You're architecture has always been great inspiration too Tinane. My parents live in Ivins Utah which is right near Kayenta where I saw did some rendereings. My parents are very good friends with the Ence's so I was happy to sort of know the person who had done such nice renderings for them and that region. Very nice indeed!
Chris Fullmer Your intelligence will never fully compensate for my stupidity.
Cal Poly Pomona - BS Landscape work
UC Berkeley - Masters of Landscape work in progress
- Art Blog
suwiki.org - The SketchUp Wiki
Chris, sorry I missed this. Thank you for the compliments! They are very much appreciated. I hope you Adult Webcam and I will look for your architecture at the next AIP!!! "You can soar with an opportunity or sink on a principle."
Tina Anne Stiles-Bryant

No comments: