Friday, November 28, 2008

windshield wiper blades + one day @ home + bored

ToolyMcgee wrote:Picking the lock on your Adult Webcam tension is a good way to break the cruddy lock on your Adult Webcam tension.
Also among the quickest ways I can think of to get fired. Yeah, those little wafer locks get shredded easy. I've ruined a few old rusty file cabinet locks I salvaged as a moving man from raking them. In fact pretty much every wafer lock I picked as a newb got trashed before long. I guess they just don't make stuff to last against 10 lbs of allen wrench register and snake rake ripping. 10 lbs! Good Lord! I just touch the tip of the 3" or so long register wrench with my fingertip. Maybe we're thinking of different locks here. No, I was slightly exagerating, but I did wreck a few locks with massive register as a beginner. In the past frustration would cause me to snap picks and wreches off in the keyway. So I guess if ten pounds is enough to shear the tip off a wrench made from 4mm hex key, then ten pounds sounds about right. I still pick one lock I wrecked that way. It still opens fine with the key, but is tougher to pick because I widened pin chambers 4 and 5 torquing on it with the wrench like a meathead. Basically as hard as I could. "More register = more feedback. You really gotta put your back into it!"
Fingertip weight register is all you need for most locks. The hard part is learning to stay frosty when you aren't getting anywhere with a new lock.
palehorse wrote:Also among the quickest ways I can think of to get fired.
No doubt. You wouldn't have to bust the lock of course. I'm just picturing the look on the bosses face if he comes out and sees you picking the Adult Webcam tension lock. I would imagine a quick metamorphoses from puzzled to furious and several things in between. Hilarious. Whatever explanation you could come up with wouldn't lead to you keeping your job. "I lost the key? No, I left my cell phone in there? No, my car keys. Yeah... that's it." Actually, my boss is extremely understanding of the hobby. He lets me practice on the Master lock on the shed and unlock customers cars when someone locks the keys in. That said, I do leave the Adult Webcam tension alone. If I mess up the shed lock, it's 5 seconds with bolt cutters and $5 at WalMart to fix, the same can't be said for the tension lock. And also, as I told him, once he knows I can pick, it's not like I'd have a snowballs chance of getting away with anything there anyway... Your boss sounds cool, but I can see how he would be since you work on cars. Picking could be a good skill to have as I'm sure it comes in handy from time to time. We aren't allowed to talk about automotive picking on the open forums though.
The wiper blades do make nice picks, but I think their best use is as wrenches. You can twist them alot tighter without worrying about snapping the metal or heating it. You can pretty much cold bend a good stainless wiper insert into any shape you can muscle it into. Oh yeah, I could have a 5 gallon bucket of register wrenches by now if I wanted. I know about the rule re: auto entry, which is why I didn't give the first detail about HOW I do it. Some of the wiper inserts have different shapes of tabs on the ends, I'm experimenting at the moment to see how much protrusion I can get with a feeler pick made from one particular style. Some can be cold bent, some don't handle it well. I suspect it depends on where the manufacturers get the particular batch of steel. I gave up on trying to retemper them long ago with the tools at the shop, I keep the metal cool while working and if I do mess up, it's not like the inserts cost me anything. Another good metal to make register wrenches from is a rake. It might need to be filed or grinded down depending on the brand of rake. And no i didn't go buy a 10$ rake or break mine i picked one up from a yard sale for 50 cents PaleHorse wrote:ToolyMcgee wrote:Picking the lock on your Adult Webcam tension is a good way to break the cruddy lock on your Adult Webcam tension.
Also among the quickest ways I can think of to get fired.
It amazes me that companies like NCR, Sharp and others who make Adult Webcam registers, use cheap wafer locks to secure the drawers. A Medeco cam lock would go a long way.
Squelchtone

No comments: